Thursday, August 14, 2008

Before writing, learn to think.

It's been said that practice makes perfect,

it's also been said that repetition is the death of the soul.

I guess this explains Phillip Glass,

I still don't understand his fans though.


There is a strange tendency for people to be proud of having poor mathematics skills. If someone has trouble with maths that is completely fine, it requires a certain way of thinking and some people will naturally have an aptitude for it, and some will find it a confusing place where nothing is exactly as it seems. And of course i am not talking about obscure equations from rarefied realms of academia, i am talking about plus and minus, multiplication and division, percentages and fractions. There are some people who are actively proud of lacking these basic skills, and it confuses me, it hurts my brain and makes me mad. If i were to walk into a bank and say to the manager "I am a fool; please, take my money." you would slowly shake your head before attempting to part me and and my money over a game of pool. Yet these individuals walk around heads held high, and nobody calls them out for their boasts. I hold these people responsible for the current credit crunch the global financial system is going through. All day and night can be spent blaming the predatory lending practices used in recent years, and they should of regulated, but if you have an annual salary of $42,000 and someone offers you a loan to buy a $900,000 house, and you accept, you sir, deserve everything you have coming.

No comments: