Friday, August 8, 2008

Greetings and Salutations

Fact of the day: all coca-cola is manufactured in the same place. you may be in Beirut or the Bahama's and you will be drinking the same concentrate. The only thing that changes is the bottling plants around the world.

I finally understand how people can believe in karma.

Sometimes you do something nice and something great happens; this is normal. But sometimes this pattern occurs repeatedly over several days in an uncanny fashion.

Monday, afternoon. I agreed to donate blood.
Monday, evening. I visited an excellent student bar where my drunkenness was hindered only by my sheer inability to consume any more beer.

Wednesday, morning. I volunteered to help out with a psych study about the effects of sleep.
Wednesday, evening. Free digital camera materialises out of the ether to serve me.

Friday, afternoon. As i exit a train a lost dog attempts to enter the train, knowing this would most likely mean the permanent disappearance of the dog i prevent him from boarding.
Friday, later in the afternoon. I see a man riding a bike whilst wearing a trench-coat. The overly large flapping coat catches in the back wheel and he makes a visually astonishing fall.

Question of the day; why are they named polar bears when they only live on the north pole?

No comments: