Thursday, October 2, 2008

The last time I saw Winston Churchill crying

A - "I have good news and bad news. which do you want first?"
B - " the good news."
A - "it turns out your mother is not a prostitute."
B - "well that's a relief. the bad news?"
A - " turns out she's just really easy."


Two announcements. First, I live. Second, Venture Brothers sucks and I hate anyone who likes that show. I hate all of them. I hate you Graham for making me watch that show. I hate you Scott because I seem to remember your liking it.

The main failure of the show is that it doesn't actually have any jokes. Brock is awesome, no doubt about it, but every single other character on the show is painfully unfunny with awkward jokes that come from a mile away and fall flat on delivery. The entire show seems to be a week attempt to copy Aqua Teen Hunger Force in a Johnny Quest setting but it lacks the demented brilliance of ATHF.

Now to make a comparison everyone can understand. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is to Futurama as Venture Bros. is to King of the Hill. That's right, i'm comparing it to King of the Hill, the least funny show on television. That this show exists and people are paid to make it, makes me unbelievably sad.

No comments: